We really wanted to visit Holland’s tulip park, Keukenhof, during our time in Amsterdam. Unfortunately it was closing for the season just a few days after we arrived so we made sure it was one of the first places we visited. We bought out tickets online and made our way to the park via public transportation (the local bus – one to the airport and a second to the park). Despite some of the flowers having already died, as it was very close to the end of the season, we got to see so many beautiful blooms!
Here are some of my favourites:
We had no idea there were so many types of tulips! What an incredible day!
Here are my tips for visiting Keukenhof:
- Bring an umbrella and rain jacket if there is any chance of rain.
- Bring water and some snacks.
- Wear comfortable shoes. The park is huge (32 acres) so you’ll be doing lots of walking.
- It is almost all wheelchair accessible.
- It is great for kids.
- If you buy the ticket that includes the round trip bus ride, know that the Keukenhof bus from the airport isn’t at the regular bus terminal. It’s around the corner. Signage isn’t great, though, so it can be confusing.
- Make sure your camera is charged!